Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sync references between EndNote Desktop and EndNote online
If you have an EndNote Desktop library and an EndNote online library you can synchronise the two libraries so that the same references, file attachments and groups exist in both. Sync only works with one EndNote Desktop library and one EndNote online library. If you try to sync more than one Desktop library, the libraries will be merged.
Some scenarios where syncing is helpful are:
- To provide a further backup of the EndNote library.
- Where you have access to EndNote Desktop on your own device, but only have access to EndNote online elsewhere.
- Where you are working between more than one device with EndNote Desktop installed on each device, where EndNote online is the link between them.
- When you are moving on from University of Bath and wish to upload all your references online so you have access to them wherever you go next.
Syncing your EndNote libraries
The first time you sync, the process will take several hours, so ensure you allow enough time for this.
- Select Sync Configuration then select Sync Now.