Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is SPORTDiscus?
- SPORTDiscus provides details of articles and other documents from across hundreds of academic journals, in addition to books, reports and magazines. It covers a wide range of topics associated with sport and physical activity, with perspectives from management, sociology, social policy, psychology, science and medicine.
- Date coverage: The content includes academic journals from 1890-present, and other other types of document from 1573-present.
Connecting to SPORTDiscus
- To connect to SPORTDiscus, click either the SPORTDiscus link in the Library Catalogue or the link in the Library's Search the Literature page for health students and researchers.You can also use the following link:
- Off-campus students and staff: after clicking on a link to SPORTDiscus,you will be asked to enter your University of Bath username and password (unless you are connecting via VPN/UniDesk).
Checking the availability of an article/document
- As with most library databases, SPORTDiscus provides abstracts/summaries of articles and other documents. Most search results from journals include a PDF link to the full text.
- If a search result doesn't include a PDF link, you will see a blue and white 'links' button instead. Click this button to take you into the Library Catalogue where you see a link to the full document or a statement that the content is unavailable.
- If the document is unavailable, you can request a scan by using our Inter-library Loans service: further information.