Before using EndNote Online: it is important to check that your PC/laptop/device has the required browser and operating system:
1. To register for full access to EndNote Online, you need to either use an on-campus networked computer or connect your off-campus device to the University network using a UniDesk connection. If off-campus, please follow the instructions for setting up a UniDesk connection (available via the UniApps webpage).
2. Once you are connected to the University network, connect to either Web of Science or Web of Science Core Collection, using one of the following links:
3. After entering Web of Science, click the EndNote link at the top of the screen and then click 'Register' next to the words, 'Don't have an account?'
4. Enter you name and University of Bath email address (any other address may limit your access). You will be emailed a registration link; there may be a delay in receiving this or it may appear in your junk or 'other' folder (rather than the 'focused' folder in Outlook).
5. Once you have received the email and opened the link, set up your password carefully (only include symbols from the list provided).
Once you are registered, you can connect to EndNote Online via either Web of Science or Web of Science Core Collection. Once connected, click the EndNote link at the top.
To access your full EndNote Online account for at least 12 months: you must log on to EndNote Online within every twelve months as follows:
1. You need to either use an on-campus networked computer or connect your off-campus device to the University network using a UniDesk connection. If off-campus, please follow the instructions for setting up a UniDesk connection (available via the UniApps webpage).
2.Connect to either Web of Science or Web of Science Core Collection, using a link in the Library website (note the links in the section above).
3. If you do not do this, 50,000 of your references will be transferred to the more limited “EndNote Basic” account which will not provide access to referencing styles such as Harvard (Bath). You will be able to access your "Basic" account in perpetuity.
4. If working with your own PC/laptop, you also need to install an EndNote tab in your copy of Micrcosoft Word. To do this, access EndNote Online (via Web of Science), go to the Downloads section and download the relevant file for your device. Note the installation requirements and instructions. To use EndNote Online, refer to our guides.
Will your references be available throughout your time at this University?
They will not be available in the case of technical difficulties with the connection to the provider's server in the United States. It is therefore recommended that you regularly transfer your references (in either Rich Text Format or Text Format) from EndNote Online to EndNote Desktop.
If an institutional author's name does not appear correctly, the following steps might work:
Very important: before you try to merge any references, ensure that you save separate 'back-up' copies of each individual unmerged document. This will enable you to return to the unmerged documents if something were to go wrong with the following processes: